Experienced Georgia Wage & Overtime Lawyer Protects Employers' Rights
Skilled attorney provides effective defense representation to businesses in the Marietta area
In recent years, the U.S. Department of Labor and state governments have been dramatically enforcing employee-friendly provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The result has been increased compliance costs and substantial employment-related liability for employers. The Gunn Law Firm LLC has vast experience in helping companies in the Marietta area and throughout Georgia develop sound compliance protocols to avoid unnecessary litigation. I also defend allegations of wage and hour violations with effective, proven strategies that limit the employer’s exposure and reduce litigation costs.
Georgia wage and hour defense attorney offers comprehensive protection
Wage disputes can range from simple misclassification errors to complex and time-consuming cases off allegedly wide-spread violations. I have successfully defended companies throughout Georgia in individual and collective lawsuits related to:
- Child labor violations
- Employment practice liability insurance issues
- Failure to pay for alleged pre- and post-shift "off-the-clock" activities for nonexempt employees
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Failure to pay otherwise exempt employees on a salary basis
- Failure to pay overtime to drivers exempt under the Motor Carrier Act and related laws
- Failure to pay overtime to sales personnel exempt under the Outside Sales Exemption
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations
- Improper calculation of the regular rate or overtime
- Improper deductions
- Improper tip and "service charge" practices
- Misclassification of employees as exempt
- Misclassification of workers as independent contractors
- Retaliation for protected FLSA activities
- Unpaid on-duty meal and rest breaks
- Unpaid reimbursement for work-related expenses
Your company has a great deal at stake in FLSA litigation. I have the experience and resources to defend your business and protect your interests.
Reliable adviser provides determined legal representation
I meticulously analyze the circumstances of an employee claim to assess if a violation has occurred and offer cogent advice on how to best remediate the situation. I meet with the legal representatives of aggrieved employees to search for mutually beneficial solutions. However, when my analysis determines the allegations are without merit, I protect your proprietary and financial interests with proven litigation strategies. Throughout the process, I educate you on the substance of the law and your legal options, so you can make the best decisions possible for your business.
Contact a knowledgeable Georgia employment law firm for wage and hour claim defense
Wage and hour compliance can be costly for businesses, but liability for legal violations can be crushing. If you fear exposure due to your employee’s FLSA claims, get effective legal representation today. Call The Gunn Law Firm LLC at 833-375-5651 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation at my Marietta office.